giving thanks

Wednesday, November 23, 2011



Forever21 leather jacket, lace-up heels, maxi skirt / Urban Outfitters fringe tank / Von Maur necklace

I always love coming home. From the familiar way my bedroom of nineteen years smells to the nostalgic feeling of too many days spent at The Coffee House while driving through Uptown Normal. The leaves falling from the giant oak tree in my front yard remind me of simpler times, stringing decorative ‘skeleton bones’ from it’s limbs in October and receiving endless ‘underdogs’ from my father on the tire swing. 
Today was the fourth official day of my thanksgiving break. But the reminiscing must be short lived. Only home for four days, then off to Washington, DC to visit my newly out-of-college-into-real-life sister for the holidays. 
Gaby and I took pictures in Downtown Bloomington, rushing before the blackening clouds above us started to rain. These were taken with her new camera, which I will soon be adding to my holiday wishlist. I hope to be able to add a better element of self taken photography to my blog. I would like to have a voice behind the lens, but as of now, my camera is subpar.
To all, enjoy your holidays, relish in food and love one another.