fashionista spotlight - mary alex japczyk - collegefashionista.com

Wednesday, November 16, 2011


                 
FOLLOWING ARTICLE FROM COLLEGEFASHIONISTA.COM:

Inspector Gadget, Carmen San Diego and even your neighborhood flasher all have one thing in common: the trench coat. Whether they are fighting crime, causing crime or jetting around the globe, these three at least got one thing right. This season, trench coats are a must have staple item in your fall wardrobe. This chic outerwear has been splashed across recent runway shows as designers are put a modern twist on the classic Katherine Hepburn look. While Burberry Prorsum showcases thetraditional camel colored trench with black trim, other designers such as  Diane Von Furstenberg go for a more bold blood red trench with satin lining. I spotted this fashionista walking out of her house yesterday. Mary Alex leads the pack with her adorable camel colored trench and gorgeous crimson tresses. I talked with Mary Alex about her personal style, advice for fellow students and her love of knits, neutrals and trenches.


Name: Mary Alex Japczyk - Year: Sophomore - Major: Communications


CollegeFashionista: What are your stylistic influences?
Mary Alex Japczyk: When I am trying to dress myself, I look to people around me and see what they are wearing. I try to find looks and styles of theirs that I like and try to interpret it in my own way. I get a lot of influence from people on campus or my friends. I see what looks good on them and try to use it to make it look good on me.
CF: What would you describe is your personal style?
MAJ: My style would be classy and comfortable. I like to look polished and put together, but comfort is definitely a key factor. That is my number one priority when I am getting dressed.
CF: What trends are you excited for this fall?
MAJ: Trends I am excited for this fall are definitely trench coats. They make everyones waistline look great. I have so many sweaters and wear them all the time in the winter. I get a lot of my sweaters from Urban Outfitters. They have great oversized cardigans and comfy chunky sweaters. I get a lot of form fitting cardigans from Nordstroms. I wear a lot of neutrals, greens, blues and grays.
CF: Where do you like to shop?
MAJ: I love the Brass Plum section at Nordstroms. Anything I am looking for I can find there. They have a wide variety of items.
How To: To recreate Mary Alex’s polished look, throw on this classic double-breasted cream trench with leather piping details. This trench can transform any outfit from dull to sophisticated. Dare to be different and wear this Victoria’s Secret trench in a deep plum. Suddenly, the outfit underneath becomes less important. To rock a more subtle detail, button up this timeless trench coat with a built in floral pink scarf or wear this trench lined in satin cheetah print. This fashion original is a perfect staple to add to your fall wardrobe.

1. check HERE every wednesday to catch my latest report!
2. check HERE every day for all posts on my campus! (university of illinois)
3. check HERE or click on the PHOTO to read this weeks post / see more photos via the site! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave a comment or ask a question!