fashionista spotlight - irini losoff - collegefashionista.com

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

FOLLOWING ARTICLE FROM COLLEGEFASHIONISTA.COM:
From Christian Dior’s resort 2011 runway look to Mui Mui's 2012 maroon shift dress, lace has taken over the runways. It adds a unique feminine touch to any stylistic choice, while maintaining an air of sophistication and class. I met this fashionista walking on the quad today. At first glance, Irini’s adorable pixie haircut and trench coat immediately caught my eye. But after further inspection, I realized the detail on the trench coat that really made the outfit stand out: lace. The lace embedded in the jacket was a perfect transition from the light fabrics of summer to the heavier fabrics of winter. Irini rocked this look perfectly. I talked with her about her fashion choices, personal style and upcoming fall trends.
Name: Irini Losoff - Major: English - Year: Sophomore
College Fashionista: Who inspires your fashion sense?
Irini Losoff: It depends on the kind of day. I got a lot of inspiration from working at Nordstrom. I worked in retail and we always had to dress nice.
CF: How would you describe your personal style?
IL: I would definitely say my style was dressier. I love dresses and tights. I would say I am above casual. I like to take an eclectic of pieces and throw them together to form an outfit.
CF: What trends are you excited for this fall?
IL: I am excited for sweaters. I wear them often. I also love tights and jackets.
CF: Do you have any style advice for other college aged students?
IL: Don’t feel stupid to dress up. If you feel like wearing a dress, wear it. Wear what you want to wear and don’t conform to people’s opinions.
CF: What is your favorite color palate?
IL: I would say I definitely like to pair nuetrals with a bold color. Since I love tights, I usually pair bright tights with earth tones that are more simple. I don’t like to combine 1,000 colors and patterns. I usually just stick with neutrals and add a pop.
How To: To recreate Irini’s adorable lace getup, pair a simple tee with this adorable lace skirt or these white lace shorts. For a lace top, pair casual denims with this lace cardigan with bow-pocketed detail. This will give you a more sophisticated look while still having adorable stand out details. Overall, lace is a great way to transition your clothes from day to night, work to play and business to sensual.

1. check HERE every wednesday to catch my latest report!
2. check HERE every day for all posts on my campus! (university of illinois)
3. check HERE or click on the PHOTO to read this weeks post / see more photos via the site! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave a comment or ask a question!