style spotlight: allie lewis - FORD model

Monday, October 31, 2011



Backstage at AKIRA CHICAGO’S fall 2011 fashion show, HALL OF MIRRORS, models sprinted off the runway to change into their second looks. in a blur of zippers, buttons and sky high jeffery campbells, i helped them pull together outfits and prepare for their next walk. as the fog of hairspray lifted in the changing room, i noticed one of the more striking models, ALLIE LEWIS. i was instantly drawn to lewis’ unique features and youthful enthusiasm. this was lewis’ first runway show and although she was nervous, she exuded an underlying confidence and an adorable extroverted personality. it was no surprise people naturally gravitated towards her. 
I talked with Lewis about her breakout into the modeling industry, her personal style and her future plans for modeling.
Name: Allie Lewis
Age: 16
Modeling Agency: FORD Models 
Dirty Little Fashion: How did you get started in modeling? 
Allie Lewis: I always had people telling me i should be a model. I always just said thank you and blew it off. My brother took notice and sent my pictures to Ford. A week later we got a phone call from FORD L.A and they said we want to fly you to L.A tomorrow and they basically signed me on the spot! 
DLF: Who have you modeled for? 
AL: I have modeled for Akira , Smashbox, Nora del Busto and more.
DLF: What is the most exciting thing about modeling and what is the most challenging? 
AL: The most exciting thing is just the rush you get from all of it! It's so much fun! The most challeging is trying to balance modeling and school!
DLF: Who inspires you?
AL: I have a lot of inspirations but i would say my family is my biggest. My friends are very supportive, even when others can be negative. 
DLF: What are some of your favorite trends?
AL: My favorite trends are old fashion and vintage designs. I don’t personally dress like it but i wish i had more of it! My personal style is random. I like to wear anything. 
DLF: What has been your favorite modeling job thus far in your career?
AL: I wouldn’t say i have a favorite just because none are alike! They are all unique! A lot of crazy things happen during shoots, including the outfits and the places. 
DLF: I know you recently just walked in your first runway show for AKIRA, how was that experience?
AL: It was so much fun!! The rush I felt when I stepped out in front of the crowd was amazing. I adore the rush and felt on top of the world.
DLF: You are new in the business. Do you have any advice for any other young models? 
AL: I would just say always be ready and don’t be nervous. It really is an amazing experience. Always be yourself.
DLF: How has modeling affected your view of fashion? 
AL: My fashion has changed a lot. My taste has changed and some of the things I like now, I would never have liked before modeling. I love Forever21, thrift stores and cute, interesting shoes.
DLF: Where do you want to be, modeling-wise, in 5 years? What are your plans for the future? 
AL: You can never plan the future. You must wait to see what happens. My dream is to eventually pose for VOGUE. 
it is clear that with her personality, charm and breathtaking looks, lewis is bound to go far in this industry. she is a force to be reckoned with and i can’t wait to follow her throughout the rest of her journey.

browse her portfolio / ALLIE LEWIS
   (via ALL ABOUT MODELS) 


[VIDEO VIA: NEW FACES - FORD MODELS / ALLIE LEWIS]

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave a comment or ask a question!