fashionisto spotlight - jehad broderick - collegefashionista.com

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

FOLLOWING ARTICLE FROM COLLEGEFASHIONISTA.COM:

Walking through the quad on a normal college day, you might not be able to see past the baggy gym shorts, sandals with socks and fraternity tank tops, but ever so often, a real Fashionisto catches your eye. I spotted this Fashionisto walking to The Student Union. Jehad immediately caught my eye with his adorable jeans, plaid button-up and grey cardigan. Cardigans are taking this springs runway shows by storm, being featured in Corneliani and Bottega Veneta. It looks like this college Fashionisto has traded in his ILLINI hoodie for the latest contemporary trend.
           Name: Jehad BroderickMajor: Political Science - Year: Freshman

CollegeFashionista: Where did you get your outfit today?
Jehad Broderick: I got my cardigan from a thrift store, my button-up from Urban Outfitters, jeans from Kohl's and shoes from Bellmont Army.
CF: Where do you get your stylistic influence?
JB: I really like Matt Smith’s look. He is a British actor.
CF: What is your favorite store for shopping?
JB: I am from Chicago, so my favorite store would have to be my favorite in the city, Bellmont Army.
CF: Do you have any fashion advice for your fellow college guys?
BF: Don’t be afraid to stand out and be different. Wear something you normally wouldn’t wear. I never expected myself to ever wear skinny jeans, but here I am, wearing them to school.
CF: You are a freshman in college, what is the difference between style here and style in the city back home?
JB: In Chicago, ‘dressing up’ and looking well put together is the normal typical clothing. Here, I feel guys don’t care as much about the way they are portrayed. They don’t care, wear sandals and socks with sweatpants to go out with friends. I think people should put more emphasis on their clothing.
CF: What is your favorite clothing to see women in?
JB: I love when girls wear button-up flannels and nose rings.
How To: Men, to repeat Jehad’s easy look, just throw on this plaid button up from PalmerCash and layer it with one of these three cardigans. This plum cardigan from Mary & Paul brings a pop of color most men aren’t brave enough to wear, this striped cardigan from Express is young and interesting and this blocked cardigan from Gap is perfect for a simple occasion. So boys, let’s leave behind the fraternity gear, step it up and actually look like we woke up more than five minutes before class. Take hints from Jehad and pull together any look with a cardigan.


1. check HERE every wednesday to catch my latest report!
2. check HERE every day for all posts on my campus! (university of illinois)
3. check HERE or click on the PHOTO to read this weeks post / see more photos via the site! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave a comment or ask a question!