LIFE AS A FASHION INTERN: DAY FIVE (FASHION MAGAZINE)

Sunday, May 27, 2012

INTERNSHIP: For the second half of the week, I work at a popular fashion magazine. It is just ridiculous. I honestly feel like I am in The Devil Wear's Prada. I get off the metro and am standing in the middle of Times Square. It is the craziest thing in the world. I am so lucky and thankful to be able to have the opportunities I can.

Since it looks like I am on the set of The Devil Wears Prada, I really assumed that my boss would be exactly like that. This is the complete opposite. My boss it a complete sweetheart who is willing to help me out with anything. I feel so comfortable already in the work space.

From working two days already at my second internship, I can tell you I am definitely in love with it as well. The people are incredibly nice. On the very first day, I awkwardly got my Doritos stuck in the vending machine. Multiple editors and writers came to aid my helpless-poor-little-intern self. It was much appreciated and the Doritos were cheesy as ever.

The past two days consisted of organizing and sifting through racks of clothes that were being shipped to photo shoots for the magazine. It was ludicrous to see the clothing that famous people will wear. Can't wait for the issues to come out and know that I was the one who sent the package of clothing.

I would definitely say this week has been experimental, blossoming, and very enlightening. I have learned an immense amount. Based on how my first week has gone in the city, it is clear to say the rest will go fabulously.

FAMOUS ENCOUNTERS: Since my two days at this internship, I have ran into three different people whom I personally have embarrassing happy-dances inside my head for.

A) Grace Coddington - Creative Director of Vogue. While on a run for my internship, I walked downstairs into the lobby to see none other than Grace Coddington in the flesh. Her hair was flaming red and she looked exactly like she did in The September Issue. It was truly a thrilling experience that I probably won't encounter again. I really wanted to just stare, but working in the industry does mean being respectful and knowing your boundaries.

B) Erin Kaplan - Senior Director of Public Relations of Teen Vogue. This is one person I would assume I would never see. When you watch shows like The Hills or The City, it is hard to imagine actually seeing a cast member in person. I actually ran into her THREE separate times on my first day of work, OUTSIDE OF THE OFFICE. I have no idea how this happened or why, but it was stellar.

C) Stephanie Skinner - Kelly Coutrone's Assistant on Kell on Earth. Yet another person I would assume I would never be seeing. Saw her leaning against the wall having a cigarette during a lunch break, looking stressed as always. 

This was my Friday work outfit. Enjoy.

[Forever 21 shorts / vintage tank, earrings / Steve Madden flats]

Can't wait to tell you about my weekend. Be ready for a good post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave a comment or ask a question!